There is a race going on. Businesses are fighting over grabbing customer attention. With various marketing tools that are used to stay connected with the crowd, sales email is still at an evergreen position.
Businesses are heavily using various marketing tactics for garnering the maximum attention from prospects and customers.
And, sending out a sales email to prospects is still the number one choice of businesses around the world.
Around 269 billion emails were exchanged between businesses and customers in the year 2017 worldwide.
Email marketing is the most desired weapon of choice when a company wants to spread its wings and gather some attention.
Businesses must show the urgency of growing in a market full of competitors.
For businesses across the globe, Emails are useful in
- acquiring customers,
- increasing your sales, and
- establishing key partnerships.
Here a few practical tips that can help in increasing your email response rate.
1. Improving your email subject line
- Businesses give too much importance to the content of their message and the call to actions and overlook the subject lines.
- There is a simple reason that you might have overlooked; improving your email subject line.
- Your subject line must be compelling if you want the recipients to open your emails.
Some quick ways of improving your subject lines:
An attractive subject line is the first piece of the puzzle before you write a perfect sales email.
Especially if you are opting for cold sales email for prospect communication.
Personalize subject lines
Write a subject line that doesn’t feel like forced selling; the subject line must connect with the recipients.
A punchy line
This has been the single most effective change in increased open rates. Try to pick short, punchy words and keep it down to about 50 characters.
Keep it short
Anything longer than six words results in the decline of the response rate.
Personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened – Campaign Monitor
2. Tweaking body of your email content
- Having a neat and engaging subject line encourages your recipients to read your content.
- Straightforward language helps them understand the message you want to portray in the email.
- Make an impression with the opening line for writing effective sales emails.
- Helps receivers understand what you are, what are your offerings and how can your offerings help them in their daily activity.
Some quick ways of improving your content:
Here are some various ways of improving your email body for creating high level of engagement with the recipients.
Writing a personalized email content
- Personalizing your email content is critical to the response rate.
- Don’t make the reader feel the content was just pasted into the email.
- Make your readers feel special when they read your email content.
74% of marketers who used personalization strongly agreed that it improved customer engagement – Econsultancy
Email personalization can:
- make an email stand out within the inbox as highly relevant,
- increase the likelihood of an email being opened and clicked on
- strengthen customer experience by sending the right content to the right people at the right time
The above statistics indicate how email personalization plays a crucial role in your marketing campaigns.
Properly introducing yourself
Instead of asking a question to the recipients, take the same opportunity to properly introducing your company.
Keeping it short
- You only get a few seconds to attract your recipient.
- Use fewer words and get your point across quickly before another email, from a competitor does that.
Using a simple language
- Be straightforward about your offerings
- Don’t talk too much about yourself
- Your recipient will skip your emails
- Or will direct all your future emails to the digital trash
- Avoid jargon as much as possible
- It bores the reader and is good at deflecting their attention away from your email
- Always explain how they benefit from your solution
- Make them understand how it successfully deals with their pain points
Creating a perfect FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
- Draft your email body content by creating a sense of uniqueness around your offering.
- Something intriguing always increases the curiosity of the customer and pushes them towards purchasing to try out your offerings.
- Don’t just say “We are the best in business…”
- Include facts and relevant data to show why the term actions speak volumes stands true!
- Building credibility with your recipient is necessary when you draft the body of your email.
- Try including charts, graph, and numbers
- They back you up so that the recipients don’t feel you are making shallow claims
Having clear Call to Action (CTA)
Having a clear CTA at the end of your email content creates a sense of competence.
Clients appreciate the creativity with which businesses create their CTAs.
- The CTA might be for requesting a quick phone call or demo.
- It can be for booking your calendar for a meeting or inviting them to see your product or service video.
Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. – DMA
3. Improving your email format
Increasing the outbound email response rate will happend if you make them look professional and hand-crafted.
Some quick ways of improving your email format:
Remove most formatting
- Keep it simple and less jazzy; avoid using special fonts or colors.
- Don’t include ‘bold, italics, or underlining” in your email format unless required.
- Bullets and numbered lists wonderful ways for organizing your email content so use them.
Add your professional signature
- Include your name, title, email, phone number, company name, company website, and company logo.
- Add a professional photo of yourself to boost your email response rate and make sure the file size is small.
- Think about the way a prospect will think and react to a marketing mail.
- Create a subtle yet effective professional email signature based on your psychosis of the prospect.
- Run your email templates by your sales and customer success teams
- They understand a prospect’s pain points best.
We hope that with these alterations, your email response rate will start increasing.
Experiment with different types of email content.
Modify your formatting to locate that sweet spot for your recipients.
Before you write a sales email, you need to get into the detail of writing an enticing one.
- A punchy outline
- An intruiging content
- Attractive call to action
- Link to your blogs and social media pages
- Sales email templates for saving time
Train your sales team in the art of writing sales emails and using email templates for saving selling time.
A productive sales process demands that your sales reps are well trained in communicating your product’s positive effect on the audience.
Sales emails are the key to having a better opening and response rates.
Improvement with time and templates is a necessary means by which you can keep your sales and marketing outreach alive.
Sales emails have been part of great success stories.
For successful open and response rates, you need to stay updated with various statistics related to your email campaigns.
What else do you need?
Using a smart sales CRM compliments
- your sales and marketing efforts
- manages your campaigns
- automates the entire sales process
It simply helps you focus on earning revenue with more productivity.
Salesmate CRM smart email tracking allows you to track your email campaigns from anywhere and from any device.
All you need is a stable internet connection for using this intuitive cloud CRM.
Salesmate tracks your results in real-time and creates a visualized report.
You do not have to crunch the number and prepare the chart on your own.
We know excel sheets are bulky and boring!
Are you looking to be more efficient in tracking your outbound emails and increase the email response rate?
Book a demo with us and we will gladly help you out.
Learn Cold Email Techniques that will Grow Your Business!
We built two consulting agency businesses from scratch using these techniques.