Current as of September 8, 2023
Thank you for using Salesmate and all related websites, software, mobile applications, and other services provided by us. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit our website, use our software and services, or communicate with us through our various direct or indirect channels (collectively referred to as ’’Service’’). It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information, and also the controls and measures we take to protect such information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell your information or email addresses.
By visiting our websites or by purchasing or using our Service, you accept the privacy practices described in this policy.
These definitions should help you understand this policy.
When we say ’’we,’’ ’’us,’’ ’’our,’’ ’’Rapidops’’, and ’’Salesmate,’’ we refer to Rapidops Inc. d/b/a Salesmate, a State of Delaware c corporation company.
When we say ’’you’’, we are referring either to a User or a Visitor who visits or uses any website.
When we say ’’Customer,’’ we refer to the person or entity registered with us as a customer of Salesmate.
When we say ’’Customer Data’’, we refer to personal information, reports, files, documents, emails, or any electronic information we store for our Customers within the Service.
A ’’Contact’’ is a person you contact through our services or a person who you might choose to contact at some point in the future through the use of our Services. In other words, a Contact is anyone about whom you have given us information.
’’Personal Data” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you or a person or an entity, directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation, address, or other demographic information.
A ’’Public Site’’ is the part of the parts of our Service that can be accessed by you without requiring any authentication or authorization credentials.
A ’’Secure Site’’ refers to the parts of our Service that can only be accessed by ’’Users’’, using a secure and valid authentication and authorization credentials.
When we say ’’User’’, we are referring to an employee, owner, agent, or any representative of a Customer, who accesses any part of Secure Site for using the Service and accessing the Customer Data on behalf of the Customer When we say ’’Visitor’’, we are referring to an individual who uses the public site but has no access to the restricted areas of the Site or Service.
2. Roles & Responsibilities
This Notice only applies when Salesmate is the Controller of personal data (example: Salesmate website visitors’ personal data and business-to-business contact data).
Salesmate is a Processor, not a Controller, of personal data that we process on behalf of our Customers when they use Salesmate products and Services.
Please note that this Privacy Notice does not apply when we handle Personal Data as a processor or service provider on behalf of our Customer. This includes situations where we provide cloud products and services to our Customer, allowing them (or their affiliates) to connect their own websites and applications to our platform, sell their own products and services, send electronic communications, or otherwise collect, use, share, or process Personal Data using our cloud products and services. In these cases, Salesmate does not own, control, or direct the use of any Customer Data stored or processed by a Customer or User via the Service. Only the Customer or User has the right to access, retrieve, and direct the use of such Customer Data. The Customer or User is considered the data controller under the Regulation for any Customer Data containing Personal Data.
If your Personal Data has been submitted to us by or on behalf of a Salesmate Customer and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under applicable data protection laws, please contact them directly. We are not responsible for the privacy or data security practices of our Customers.
Salesmate is largely unaware of what Customer Data is actually being stored or made available by a Customer or User to the Service and does not directly access such Customer Data except as authorized by the Customer, or as necessary to provide Services to the Customer and its Users.
If you are a Salesmate Customer and need a signed Data Processing Addendum in addition to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice, you can find the document signed on behalf of Salesmate here.
3. Personal Data Collected
3.1 Personal data we collect and receive
We collect personal data about you in different categories, as shown in the table below. You may provide some of this information voluntarily when you use the Salesmate Services and Sites, attend events, or visit our premises. Other types of data, such as device data and service data, may be collected automatically from your device. Occasionally, we may also receive personal data about you from third-party sources (as described in the table).
- our website users;
- recipients of marketing communications; and
- marketing prospects.
- email addresses;
- phone numbers;
- company name;
- your role or designation in your company
- credit card information
- billing and mailing addresses;
- other payment-related information
- operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model;
- browser type;
- screen resolution;
- IP address;
- unique device identifiers
- the website you visited before browsing to the Salesmate Services;
- how long you spent on a page or screen;
- how you interact with our emails;
- navigation paths between pages or screens;
- date and time;
- pages viewed;
- links clicked.
- features accessed;
- access time and frequency;
- errors generated;
- performance data
- storage utilized;
- user settings and configurations
- profile information gathered from social networking sites;
- information that you have viewed or interacted with our content;
- company information;
- job titles;
- email addresses;
- phone numbers;
- approximate geolocation data.
- contact enrichment and lead generation providers; and
- targeted online advertising providers
- email addresses;
- phone numbers;
- company name;
- your role or designation in your company.
- time and date of arrival;
- photograph ID;
- CCTV footage.
- email addresses;
- phone numbers;
- company name;
- your role or designation in your company.
- time and date of arrival;
- photograph ID;
- CCTV footage.
- name ;
- email addresses;
- phone numbers;
- mailing addresses;
- company name;
- your role or designation in your company
- The event organizer
3.2 Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals.
4. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- Operations: We process your personal data to perform our contract with you for use of our Services and Sites and to fulfill our obligations under applicable terms of service. Where we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests to operate and administer the Salesmate Services and Sites. For example, to create, administer and manage your account.
- Communication: We may send you service, technical and other administrative messages in reliance on our legitimate interests in administering the Salesmate Services. For example, we may send you messages about the availability or security of the Salesmate Services. We also process your personal data to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer care and support.
- Improvements: We process your personal data to improve and optimize the Salesmate Services and Sites and to understand how you use the Salesmate Services and Sites, including to monitor usage or traffic patterns and to analyse trends and develop new products, services, features and functionality in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- Sending marketing communications: We process your personal data to send you marketing communications via email, post or SMS about our products, services and upcoming events that might interest you in reliance on our legitimate interests or where we seek your consent. Please see the "Your Choices" section below to learn how you can control your marketing preferences.
- Registering office visitors: We process your personal data for security reasons and for the purpose of hosting your visit to the extent such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests in protecting our premises and confidential information against unauthorized access and the safety of our staff and office visitors.
- Managing event registrations and attendance: We process your personal data to plan and host events for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you.
- Maintaining Security: We process your personal data to control unauthorized use or abuse of the Salesmate Services and Sites, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate Salesmate policies or applicable laws, in reliance on our legitimate interests to maintain and promote the safety and security of the Salesmate Sites and Services.
- Displaying personalized advertisements: We process your personal data to advertise to you and to provide personalized information, including by serving and managing advertisements on our Sites and on third party sites, in reliance on our legitimate interests to support our marketing activities and advertise our products and services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your consent.
- Carrying out other legitimate business purposes: including invoicing, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- Complying with legal obligations: We process your personal data when cooperating or complying with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our obligations under applicable laws and to protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
5. To Whom We Disclose Information
Except as described in this Notice, we will not intentionally disclose the Personal Data or Customer Data that we collect or store on the Service to third parties without the consent of the applicable Visitor, User or Customer. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
5.1 Unrestricted Information
Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a Public Area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to any Visitor or User who has access to that content.
5.2 Other Users in Your Company Account
Certain information about your use of the Salesmate Services is available to the administrator(s) of your Salesmate Account and, depending on the settings chosen by the Users of the Account, also to other Users for the purposes of providing the Salesmate Services.
5.3 Service Providers
We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, security and fraud detection, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process Personal Data or Customer Data as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
5.4 Salesmate Communities, Marketplace and Other User Generated Content
We make available various community forums and self-help support materials, as well as blogs and other means for you to post information on our websites. This information you post is publicly-available information that you choose to disclose and it may be read, collected, and processed by others that visit these websites. Except for username (which may be your real name) and the details that you choose to include in your profile, the categories of data disclosed in these circumstances will depend on what information you choose to provide. Your posts and certain profile information may remain even after you terminate your Salesmate account. We urge you to consider the sensitivity of any information you may disclose in this way. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the websites if you so request, as described in Section 10 "Your Choices" below. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to and why.
5.5 Social Media
Salesmate’s websites may use social media features, such as the Facebook “like” button, LinkedIn and Twitter sharing features, and other similar widgets (“Social Media Features”). You may be given the option by such Social Media Features to post information about your activities on a website to a profile page of yours that is provided by a third-party social media network in order to share content with others within your network. Social Media Features are either hosted by the respective social media network, or hosted directly on our websites. To the extent the Social Media Features are hosted by the respective social media networks and you click through to these from our website, the latter may receive information showing that you have visited our website. If you are logged in to your social media account, it is possible that the respective social media network can link your visit to our websites with your social media profile. Your interactions with Social Media Features are governed by the privacy policies (and any other applicable terms) of the respective companies that provide the relevant Social Media Features.
5.6 Advertising and Marketing
5.8 Non Personally Identifiable Information
We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our Customer’s, Users’ and Visitors’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, and/or functionality available through the Service, all of the foregoing being subject to additional limits on use of your data as stated in this Privacy Notice.
5.9 Law Enforcement, Legal Process and Compliance
We may disclose Personal Data or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a facially valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies. We also reserve the right to disclose Personal Data or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
5.10 Change of Ownership
6. Data Security
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data that we collect and process. We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Personal Data under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. In addition, all our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your Personal Data on our behalf) are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the Personal Data of all users of our Website and those who purchase our Services. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Data.
While information security risks are always evolving, so are the controls. The controls, so implemented, are periodically reviewed as part of internal and external audits.
7. International Data Transfers
When making any transfers of Personal Data from the EEA, Switzerland and the UK to countries which do not have the same data protection laws as the EEA, Switzerland and the UK, we will comply with legal and regulatory obligations in relation to your Personal Data, including having a lawful basis for transferring Personal Data and putting appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the Personal Data. Salesmate uses Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission (and the equivalent standard contractual clauses for the UK where appropriate) for transfers to countries not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission or your local legislature and/or regulator. A copy of our standard data processing addendum, incorporating the Standard Contractual Clauses, is available here.
8. Children's Personal Information
9. Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Data for a period of time that is consistent with the original purpose of the data collection, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. When we no longer have a legitimate need to process your information, we will delete or anonymize your information from our active databases. We will also securely store the information and isolate it from further processing on backup discs until deletion is possible.
For Salesmate CRM Service:
- the contents of closed accounts are deleted within 6 months of the date of closure;
- the content of closed Free Trial Accounts are deleted within 60 days of the date of closure;
- server archival backups are kept for 3 months.
10. Your Choices
10.1 Your Data Protection Rights:
Under applicable data protection laws, you may exercise certain rights regarding your personal data:
- Right to access – you have the right to know which data we hold about you (if any).
- Right to data rectification – you have the right to require corrections to your Personal Data in case they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to data deletion – you have the right under certain conditions to request the deletion of your Personal Data including in situations where the processing of your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or if the processing of your Personal Data was based on your consent and you wish to withdraw your consent, and there are no other grounds for processing your Personal Data.
- Right to restriction of processing – You may request that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain cases.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to transfer your information to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in circumstances where the information is processed with your consent or by automated means.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to the use of your information in certain circumstances, such as the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Right to complain – You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In compliance with the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF and the Swiss-U.S. DPF, we commit to cooperate and comply respectively with the advice of the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs), the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority (GRA), and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved complaints concerning our handling of personal data received in reliance on the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF.
- Right to Refuse or Withdraw Consent - In case we ask for your consent to process your personal data, you are free to refuse to give it. If you have given your consent, you may withdraw it at any time without any adverse consequences. The lawfulness of any processing of your personal data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected.
- Right to Not Be Subject to Automated Decision-making - You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for the entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. If you wish to access or amend any other Personal Data we hold about you, or to request that we delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from an Integrated Service, you may contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked in our database. Additionally,
- You may update, correct, or delete your Account information and preferences at any time by accessing your Account settings page on the Service. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
- You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service.
- Optional information: You can choose not to provide optional profile information such as your photo. You can also delete or change your optional profile information.
- You can always choose not to fill in non-mandatory fields when you submit any form linked to our websites.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact Salesmate’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
10.2 Navigation Information
You may opt out from the collection of navigation information about your visit to the Site by Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics Opt-out feature. You can disable browser cookies before visiting our websites. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the websites properly.
10.3 Opting out from Commercial Communications
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Salesmate, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When using our Mobile Applications, you also have the option to turn off push notifications. Please note that you will continue to receive essential notices and emails such as account notification emails (password change, renewal reminders, etc.), security incident alerts, security and privacy update notifications, and essential transactional and payment related emails. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing or SMS Marketing), please contact us using the details in Section 14.
10.4 Information processed on Salesmate Customer’s behalf
Salesmate has no direct relationship with the Client’s customers or third party whose Personal Data it may process on behalf of a Customer. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, delete inaccurate data or withdraw consent for further contact should direct his or her query to the Customer or User they deal with directly.
Salesmate Customers can delete, amend or block access to any Personal Data inside Salesmate application, or by contacting Salesmate Support.
11. Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights to understand and request that we disclose details about how we handle your Personal Data. To learn more about how we collect, use, disclose, and share your Personal Data, please see below.
11.1 Categories of Personal Data Collected
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Data about California consumers. We may collect this Personal Data directly from you, from third parties, and from your interactions with us. For additional details about the Personal Data that we collect and the sources from which we collect this Personal Data, please review Section 3 above. The Personal Data categories are:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, address, and phone number;
- Commercial information, such as records of products or services purchased and other transactional data;
- Internet or other network or device activity details, such as technical data about your use of our website, products and services;
- Geolocation data, such as your approximate location based on IP address;
- Financial information, such as Payment Information or financial account numbers in the process of providing you with a subscription.
- Other Personal Information, in instances when you interact with us online, by phone or mail in the context of receiving help through our help desks or other support channels; participation in customer surveys or contests; or in providing the Service.
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information.
We may retain this Personal Data for as long as is needed for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and no longer than is relevant and reasonably necessary. Our retention periods vary based on business, legal and regulatory needs.
11.2 Business and Commercial Purposes for Collection; Disclosures for a Business Purpose
We may collect all of the above categories of Personal Data to run our business and carry out our day-to-day activities, as described above in Section 4. We have disclosed each of these categories of Personal Data with our service providers for various business purposes, as described above in Section 5, in the preceding 12 months.
11.3 Categories of Personal Data Sold or Shared for Cross-Context Behavioural Advertising
Although we have not “sold” or “shared” personal data for money in the past 12 months, we have disclosed the above categories of Personal Data to third-party advertising partners, such as in connection with our use of tracking technologies for cross-context behavioural advertising or by providing lists of email addresses for potential customers, so that we can reach you across the web with advertisements for our products and services. This may be considered “sharing” or a “sale” under the CCPA. You can read more about our sharing and sales activities above in Section 3 and Section 5. We do not knowingly sell or share any personal data of minors under the age of 16.
11.4 Financial Incentives
We may offer a benefit or offering in exchange for you providing personal data, such as a discount or coupon to individuals who respond to a survey. As part of these surveys we may collect personal data, such as your name, contact information, preferences, experiences, beliefs, opinions, and other responses to the survey questions. Participation in surveys is governed by the applicable terms and conditions for the survey, which will describe any financial incentives associated with that survey and how to participate. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated such value by using the expense related to the benefit. You may withdraw from any financial incentive at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If we offer another type of financial incentive, we will share with you the material terms of each offer when we ask you to participate.
11.5 Your Rights
The CCPA gives you certain rights regarding the Personal Data we collect about you:
- Right to Know About Personal Data Collected, Disclosed, or Sold. You have the right to request to know what Personal Data we collect, use, disclose, share and sell about you.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Data. You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data collected or maintained by us as a business.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal data that we maintain about you.
- Right to Opt-Out of Tracking for Targeted Advertising Purposes. You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to, and the sharing of your personal information with, third parties.
You can submit requests to opt-out of tracking for targeted advertising purposes by using our Cookie Notice at the bottom of the page. Your request to opt-out will apply only to the browser and the device from which you submit the request.
- Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Data. In some instances, we may use or disclose your Sensitive Personal Data for the legitimate business purposes as outlined under the CCPA, and for any other purposes as set forth in Section 4, above.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
11.6. How to Exercise your California Rights
- You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent's identity to protect your Personal Information.
If you would like to make a request and exercise your rights described above, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Google API Disclosure
- We leverage Google APIs to pull in email, contacts and calendar data of our users in order to:
- Allow users to read, write, modify or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read and process emails.
- Scan their emails for messages related to sales activities + display them within our application with some action items.
- Pull in calendar data related to sales activities (past and upcoming meeting events).
- Allow scheduling meeting events on their google calendar as well.
- Allow users to import/export their google contacts inside our application to perform sales activities inside CRM.
- Upload and download your Google Drive files through the Salesmate interface.
- The App will not use Google data for serving advertisements.
- The App will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the App’s internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
- The Salesmates’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
13. Changes and Updates to this Notice
14. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments, or if you want to update, delete, or change any Personal Information we hold, or you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please use our contact form to send us a message. You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
Rapidops Inc. Attn.
Salesmate Privacy Officer
525 N Tryon St, Suite 1600 Charlotte,
NC 28203 USA
Build New and Lasting Customer Relationships
With Salesmate, it’s simple, personal and productive for everyone. Sign up for a 15-day risk-free trial today.
- No credit card required