The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will set a new standard for how companies use and protect EU citizens’ data. It will take effect from May 2018.
Salesmate’s preparations for GDPR Compliance
At Salesmate, we are committed to security and privacy of our customers, we’ve been working hard to prepare for GDPR, to ensure that we fulfill all obligations to maintain data integrity and provide transparency about how we use data.
Here’s an overview of GDPR, and how we are preparing for it:
- We have applied for The EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission and Swiss Administration to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data.
- All data is encrypted during transit and in storage.
- We perform background checks for employees and provide them data security training.
- Only limited employees have access to contact’s data and they only check it to respond to your support requests and make sure every essential functionality is working as expected. Access is revoked quickly if there is no further need.
- Whenever a new feature is released, we test it against penetrations tests to make sure there are no vulnerability or security issues.
- As per GDPR, In the event of a Security Incident, Salesmate will notify you asap basis and will provide reasonable assistance to mitigate or rectify data.
- We are getting DPA signed with all our sub-processors. And we will keep informing you if there is any change in our list of sub-processors.
P.S. GDPR is much more than checking off a task from your list. It is an in-depth practice which is needed to be carried to maintain the privacy of your contact’s data. There is no certification process by which you can assure that you are a complaint. We will keep improving our system as GDPR involves in coming days to make sure we serve in the best way possible to our customers for serving EU citizens.
Learn Cold Email Techniques that will Grow Your Business!
We built two consulting agency businesses from scratch using these techniques.