- Sales automation software streamlines repetitive tasks to improve productivity
- Features to consider: lead tracking, email automation, and list segmentation
- Popular options: Salesmate, Salesforce, and HubSpot
- Automation can lead to increased productivity, better customer relationships, and improved sales performance
- Carefully evaluate software options to find the best fit for your business.
Sales automation is a technique that allows you to automate your entire sales process to engage, convert and delight your customers. Your sales reps can save considerable time and improve their overall productivity by using one of the top sales automation tools.
According to McKinsey, more than 30% of sales related tasks and activities can be automated. This empowers your sales team to focus more on selling and automating manual tasks.
To ensure a streamlined sales process, you need to implement the best sales automation solutions. In this article, we have created a detailed list of the 20 best sales force automation tools you can select.
Top 20 best sales automation software you should consider in 2023
Here’s the list of the industry-leading best software for sales automation you should know:
Salesmate is the best Sales Automation CRM Software to engage with your prospects, boost sales, and create personalized experiences for every customer.
It offers one of the best sales automation features. It is a unified customer journey platform to generate more leads, engage with your prospects, automate different processes, and effectively sell your products and services.
You can automate your process and shorten the entire sales cycle within Salesmate’s CRM software. It is an ideal solution for your super busy sales reps. It offers features like Sales Pipeline Management that can help you get a 360-degree view of your deals.
Moreover, with workflow automation, you can automate tasks such as data entry, lead assignment, activity tracking, and more.
Here are some features that Salesmate offers:
- With Task Automation, you can create various activities and plan out the entire day.
- You can ease your customer onboarding by automating the process.
- Sales Automation feature enables you to create a streamlined sales process for your business.
- It allows you to engage with your prospects through email automation.
- You can save more time with the Sales Sequence feature that automates your text & email follow-up process.
- You can analyze your revenue, forecast sales, and measure your reps’ performance with actionable Sales Reports.
- With features such as Built-in Calling & Texting, you can always stay connected with your prospects.
Its Starter plan costs $12/user/month, the Growth plan costs $24user/month, the Boost plan costs $40/user/month, and its Custom enterprise price is subjective to requirement.
The best Sales Automation Software for you
Try Salesmate, a unified customer platform with advanced automation capabilities.Learn about Sales Automation Software
Salesforce offers some of the finest features to power your sales. It lets you manage, nurture and close deals faster.
It offers automation of various sales tasks, allowing your reps to save time on repetitive activity and focus on productive work.
Your team performance and lead status can be analyzed through its reports and dashboard feature.
Here are some of the features that Salesforce offers:
- It offers account and contact management to help you view your contacts’ entire history.
- It offers a lead management feature that tracks and manages your leads.
- You can improve your forecast accuracy with pipeline and forecast management features.
- Its process automation feature lets you automate your sales process, saving time for your reps.
Salesforce Essential plan costs $25/user/month, its Professional plan costs $75/user/month, its Enterprise plan costs $150/user/month, and its Unlimited plan costs $300/user/month.
Increased productivity. Less complexity
Want to create a better sales process? Create better sales process with Salesmate, a better alternative to Salesforce.Salesmate vs. Salesforce
3. HubSpot Sales
HubSpot Sales automation offers great automation features for sales reps. Hence, it is a part of the best sales automation software list.
HubSpot is another cloud-based sales automation software tool. It offers great automation functions to help your reps save time on repetitive tasks.
This tool has functions for every stage of the sales funnel. These automation tools let your team personalize their outreach, nurture, and close deals faster.
Here are some of HubSpot’s sales automation features.
- The sales automation feature lets your reps automate their repetitive manual tasks.
- Its meetings feature allows prospects to select the meeting time and notify the team.
- You can predict the conversion of a lead using its predictive lead scoring feature.
- You can customize your reports and dashboards using its reporting feature.
HubSpot Starter plan costs $45/user/month, its Professional plan costs $450/month, and its Enterprise plan costs $1200/month.
Pipedrive is a fully customizable sales automation CRM. At the same time, it has proven to be an ideal sales automation system.
It lets you manage your deals and strategize your sales activity. Also allows you to automate any step of your sales process.
Moreover, it notifies you and your teammates regarding the essential changes of the lead. It also gives you performance tips on which app to integrate or features to use for smooth operations.
It helps you manage your leads, get insightful reports, and take the necessary steps. However, Pipedrive is one of the top outbound automation tool.
Pipedrive offers features like:
- Workflow automation feature that automates the entire sales process.
- It offers smart contact data that assist sales reps in uncovering valuable information about their contacts.
- Its AI assistant accompanies you throughout the process.
Its Essential plan costs $19.90/user/month, the Advanced plan costs $39.90/user/month, and its Professional plan costs $59.90/user/month.
Copper CRM claims to be a one-stop solution for contact and lead management. This makes it a notable sales automation software.
Copper offers ample features to ease your reps’ tasks. Its automated workflow allows your team to set the rules and let the automation do the rest.
It also enables you to send automated personalized emails to the target audience. It eliminates the task of manually uploading files by automating attachments and documents.
Copper comes with features like:
- Workflow automation allows you to assign automated, timely tasks, saving time.
- Alerts and notifications to help you stay updated with the latest changes in any deal.
- Task automation to automate your customer journey.
- Lead management that helps your reps manage leads.
- Leaderboard to help you view your best-performing teammate.
Copper’s Basic plan costs $25/user/month, its Professional plan costs $59/user/month, and its Business plan costs $119/user/month.
Insightly CRM claims to be a sales automation tool that helps you sell smartly.
It helps your reps capture leads and deliver a personalized experience to them. It helps you streamline your sales process.
You can customize the tasks and workflows based on your requirements. You can even integrate other desired tools with Insightly.
This helps your reps save time by carrying out all the tasks from one platform.
Here are some of the features offered by Insightly.
- It offers workflow automation to help you easily manage your complex business process.
- Lead routing allows you to automatically assign the leads to your reps.
- It lets you capture and manage your database.
- It offers a feature to send, track, and save emails. So, you can optimize your email marketing strategy.
Insightly CRM offers a Plus plan that costs $29/month, a Professional plan that costs $49/month, and an Enterprise plan that costs $99/month.
Nutshell’s sales automation feature lets you automate your entire sales process. It helps you build and manage the process on your terms.
This helps your reps save time as they are aware of their next tasks. You can bring your team in a single conversation. Also, get notified of tasks that need your attention.
Apart from this, Nutshell offers certain features mentioned below.
- Primarily, it offers sales automation features to automate your sales process.
- It offers a Contact Management feature that works as a central source of customer knowledge for your entire team.
- Its pipeline management feature lets you and your team view and tracks the pipelines in the bucket.
- It also has reporting as one of its features to help you get the reports on your team’s performance.
Nutshell CRM offers mainly two plans. One is its Basic plan which costs $16/month, and the other is a Pro plan that costs $42/month.
Salesmate, the best CRM in a Nutshell
Find out how Salesmate's Sales Automation feature is better than Nutshell.Salesmate vs. Nutshell
8. Agile CRM
Agile CRM is a great platform that offers sales automation features.
Agile CRM’s sales and marketing automation feature helps you create new tasks automatically. It lets you update your calendar online to ensure you never miss your appointment.
There are various features offered by Agile, one of the top sales automation software. Here are some of them.
- It offers a 360-degree contact view that allows you to view every detail of all contacts.
- It offers a project management feature that eases your project management capabilities.
- Reports are one of the features that help you get detailed insights into every deal in your team.
- Its newest feature is a lead prospector that lets your reps capture leads easily.
Agile’s Regular plan costs $29.99/month, and its Enterprise plan costs $47.99/month.
9. Pipeline CRM
Pipeline CRM offers sales process automation features. This makes it eligible for one of the best sales automation software.
Pipeline CRMs offer efficient workflow automation. This allows your reps to be more productive by investing their time in tasks that need attention.
Receiving reminders, notifications, and sharing progress reports are some of the tasks that your reps can perform.
Below are some of the features of pipeline CRM, one of the most recommended software for sales automation.
- Automatically assign and update leads with seamless sales pipeline management.
- Another feature is shared updates, which lets your reps update once and notify the entire team.
- It even pops up required suggestions with the help of its ‘next step’ suggestion feature.
- It offers the sales team management feature to have a better insight into your team’s performance.
Pipeline CRM offers its Start plan costing $25/month, a Development plan costing $33/month, and a Grow plan costing $49/month.
10. Freshworks CRM
Freshworks CRM is one of the best sales automation software to implement.
Freshsales sales automation feature aims at shortening your sales cycle by automating repetitive tasks.
It allows your sales and marketing teams to create personalized engagement and close deals faster. It claims to be a very simple tool to operate and implement.
Below are some of the features of Freshsales as one of the best sales process automation software.
- It has auto-assignment rules as one of its features to automatically assign the leads to the concerned rep.
- Sales sequence is another feature that automates the series of touchpoints with prospects.
- It lets you capture leads easily with its Web Forms feature.
- Automated workflows to cut manual work performed.
Freshsales Growth plan costs $15/month, the Pro plan costs $39/month, and its Enterprise plan costs $39/month.
Keap is one of the best sales engagement platforms for growing sales teams.
Keap offers an easy and advanced sales automation feature to ease your sales processes.
It allows your reps to automate repetitive tasks and perform productive tasks of engaging and closing more deals.
You can even customize the automated sales process with an advanced automation builder. Below are some of the features of Keap as a sales force automation platform.
- It offers an automated follow-up feature, making it easy for your reps to close deals faster.
- It allows great integration with other third-party apps to simplify the operation.
- You can track pipeline performance to get clear visibility of the sales pipeline.
- Automate the entire sales process through sales automation.
Keap’s Pro plan costs $129/month, its Max plan costs $199/month, and you need to get in touch with them to know its Max classic plan price.
A better CRM than Keap, hands down!
Keap is popular for its marketing capabilities, but is it enough? Learn why Salesmate is a better platform than Keap, in all aspects.Salesmate vs. Keap
Close CRM offers certain great sales automation features. Hence, it is a good sales automation software to consider.
It’s an all-in-one platform for all your sales activity. It is one of the best sales automation software for small businesses.
This is a cloud-based software offering virtual integration of all your tasks. It offers features for the entire sales process.
Here are some of its sales automation features.
- It offers a Power Dialer feature to help your reps maximize outbound calling.
- Its reporting feature helps you track your rep’s performance.
- Its custom fields let you personalize your sales process.
- It offers some great integrations, saving time for your busy reps.
Close Starter plan costs $29/month. Its Basic plan costs $69/month, the Professional plan costs $99/month, and its Business plan costs $149/month.
SalesBlink CRM offers various sales automation features. This makes it one of the good picks for the best sales automation platform.
SalesBlink is an excellent software to close maximum deals. It is a platform to smoothen your sales reps’ functions. The tool is user-friendly and works seamlessly with other apps.
It offers LinkedIn outreach to help your reps find prospects and track their activities.
You can even create your outreach campaign. Let’s look at the features offered by SalesBlink as the top sales automation software.
- It offers a Meeting Scheduler feature that syncs with your google calendar.
- Cloud-call is one of its features to make cold-calling outreach more efficient.
- It lets you predict revenue and forecast sales using its sales pipeline feature.
SalesBlink has its Sales outreach plan costing $89/month.
Overloop is one of the best sales automation software that you must consider while comparing different software for your business process.
This platform is designed for modern sales teams. It allows you to automate the entire sales process, track your team’s performance and close more deals.
You can even integrate it with your existing apps. Also, track your lead status with the help of reporting and forecasting features.
Here are some of its features.
- It helps you build lists by importing data from LinkedIn with a single click.
- Its features let your reps engage with prospects through multi-channel outbound campaigns.
- Pipeline management helps you manage your entire sales process.
- Track sales process to analyze and make improvements in your sales process.
The Overloop plan costs $99/month.
Reply is an ideal sales automation software that automates your entire sales process.
Reply’s sales automation feature automates all your reps’ tasks right from prospecting to nurturing leads.
It is an AI-powered tool that automates sales outreach. It puts inbound and outbound sales on auto-pilot along with adding a human touch to it.
Reply also offers sequencing as one of its powerful functions. Below are some of its features.
- The dialer feature lets your reps make calls directly from the software or chrome extension.
- Its LinkedIn email finder searches for prospect emails and automates sales outreach.
- Your reps can reach out to prospects through multiple channels using sequences.
- The calendar feature integrates with your google calendar to help you stick with your scheduler.
Reply’s initial plan costs $50/month, its 2nd plan costs $60/month, and its 3rd plan costs $70/month.
16. Sales Creatio
Sales Creatio is a CRM that offers cloud-based sales automation features. This makes it one of the best sales automation software.
Sales Creatio software speeds up your sales process. It automates tasks from prospecting to repeating sales.
This software automates meetings, forecasts sales, and manages leads. You can automatically generate Sales Reports.
Here are some of its features.
- Its customer 360-degree profile feature lets you have a detailed view of your customer profile.
- Its sales process automation feature efficiently automates your complete sales cycle.
- You can view your sales volume and analyze the progress through its sales forecasting feature.
Sales Creatio Teams plan costs $30/month, its Commerce plan costs $35/month, and its Enterprise plan costs $60/month.
RollWorks is an account-based sales engagement platform. Its automation functions make it one of the best sales automation software.
RollWorks offers salient functions to help you grow your process confidently. It successfully helps you identify your target audience and engage with them across multiple channels.
It’s a pure B2B sales platform that automates the entire journey. It comes with some powerful integrations and helps get insightful reports.
Here are some of the key features of RollWorks.
- It offers sales automation sequences to automate your sales outreach.
- You can search and segment your contacts with its sales automation contact data feature.
- The sales automation tasks eliminate the manual sales efforts of your reps.
RollWorks Starter plan costs $975/month. However, you’ll have to get in touch with their team to know the costs of its Standard, Professional, and Ultimate plan.
Undeniably the best alternative to HubSpot
Rich features, value for money, easy to use - Salesmate is the right alternative to HubSpot.Salesmate vs. HubSpot
InsightSquared is a powerful sales automation tool. Its automation feature makes it stand in the best sales automation software list.
This software lets you view insightful, actionable reports. It offers a great AI sales forecasting feature to help you forecast your sales volume.
InsightSquared allows you to forecast sales, analyze reporting, and monitor data quality. You can also segment the forecasts based on products, regions, and lines of business.
Apart from this, the platform is flexible to use. Here are some of the features of InsightSquared as sales automation software.
- Its pipeline management lets your team manage all of their pipelines from one single dashboard.
- You can measure your rep’s performance with its sales performance feature.
- Its automation feature eliminates your and your team’s manual data uploading tasks.
You need to request the prices of their plans.
19. Zendesk Sell
Zendesk Sell is a sales CRM software. It offers automation features that make it a notable sales automation solution.
Zendesk sells aims to increase productivity, enhance customer experience, and give a clear insight into the sales pipeline.
This software claims to maintain pipeline visibility, keep up with customer expectations and grow revenue.
It helps you make data-driven decisions. Here are some of its features that can help you automate your sales processes.
- Its feature, task player, helps your reps carry out their sales activities uninterruptedly.
- You can sequence your emails and tasks using the sequences feature.
- Make automatic calls using the power dialer feature.
Zendesk Sell offers its Team plan costs $19/month, the Growth plan costs $49/month, and its Professional plan costs $99/month.
Koncert is a sales tool that offers automation functions. Hence, it is classified as one of the best sales automation tools.
Koncert is an AI-driven solution to speed up your sales cycle. It works depending upon events relevant to leads.
This platform helps you build a customized cadence with various communication modes like phone, email, text, and social touchpoints.
- Its cadence feature lets your reps offer practice in a multichannel sequence.
- Its click dialer feature lets your reps dial calls in just one click.
- It offers great integration to operate from one single platform.
You need to visit Koncert’s page to get the pricing of their plans.
Benefits of using sales automation software
Sales automation software has become increasingly popular with businesses of all sizes. The benefits of using this type of software are numerous, and include:
1. Increased productivity and efficiency: By automating mundane and time-consuming tasks, sales teams can increase productivity and efficiency. Automation also reduces errors, allowing sales teams to focus on more strategic activities.
2. Improve user experience: Automating sales processes helps improve user experience in multiple ways. Automation can reduce wait times, speed up response time, and provide users with more accurate data. This helps deliver a better user experience and can increase customer loyalty and satisfaction.
3. Better insights into buyer behavior: Sales automation software provides detailed data that can be used to gain better insights into buyer behavior. This data can help sales teams understand customer needs, identify trends, and develop more effective sales strategies.
4. Improved team collaboration: Sales automation software helps businesses improve communication between departments by providing detailed data that is accessible across departments. This can help ensure that everyone is on the same page, making it easier to identify opportunities and drive more sales.
5. More accurate forecasting: Finally, sales automation software can help businesses get more accurate forecasting. Automation helps ensure that data is organized and updated regularly, making it easier to evaluate performance and make more accurate predictions. This helps businesses better plan for the future, leading to higher sales and profits.
What are the key features of using sales automation software?
Sales automation software is an invaluable tool for businesses of all sizes. It helps automate sales processes, streamline communication with prospects, and maximize efficiency. Here are some of the key features you can get from using sales automation software:
- Contact management: Sales automation software allows you to store and manage contact information in a centralized database.
- Lead generation: Many sales automation tools include features for generating leads, such as web forms and integration with social media and other online platforms.
- Lead qualification: Sales automation software can help you prioritize and qualify leads based on criteria such as budget, authority, need, and timeline.
- Sales forecasting: Sales automation software can help you track your sales pipeline and forecast future revenue.
- Sales tracking: You can use sales automation software to track the progress of sales deals through the pipeline and identify bottlenecks or areas for improvement.
- Email and communication management: Sales automation tools often include email templates and automated email campaigns to help you efficiently communicate with prospects and customers.
How to choose the best sales automation tool?
Choosing the right sales automation tool can be confusing. Hence, here’s a list you must consider while searching for a top sales automation tool for your business.
1. Automation capabilities
Since it’s a primary feature of an ideal sales automation tool, you need to select the software that provides advanced automation functionalities.
Initially, you should determine what you want to automate and then look for the software that matches your requirements. You must sense the eligibility of the software before you implement the same.
For example, the best sales automation tools will provide workflow automation, sales process automation, email automation, and more!
2. Ease of use
The sales automation software you plan to implement should be easy to use.
There’s no point in adapting software that’s hard to operate. The right software would be the one that can be easily adapted by your team and can be integrated with other apps.
Almost every inbound or outbound sales automation tool provides a free trial. So, once you finalize the solution you want to implement, you can take the free trial and see if your team can work without any hassle
3. Omnichannel communication
Salespeople use different channels for communicating with prospects. An ideal sales automation platform would serve as a single communication platform through different channels.
Therefore, selecting the right sales force automation software that provides communication options such as calling, text messaging, and email can help your team communicate better.
This will reduce the effort and save time for your reps to a great extent.
4. Sales pipeline management
The sales pipeline is an integral part of the sales process. Manually managing these pipelines is often hectic.
Choosing the best sales automation tool will help you create a smooth sales process for your business.
It will automate the entire pipeline management, right from capturing leads and tracking their status to converting them into paying customers.
Seamlessly manage multiple sales pipelines
Create a streamlined sales process with the best sales pipeline management software.Explore Pipeline Management
5. Sales reports
Sales reports are highly crucial when you want to analyze and forecast your sales performance.
This feature can help you view your revenue, find out how your team is performing, and forecast sales. Moreover, with customizable sales reports, you can easily fetch data for any specific quarter and make informed decisions.
You must look for a sales automation tool that integrates seamlessly with other apps.
This is essential as it will ease your rep’s work by streamlining their workflow. They do not have to shift between screens, saving time for other productive tasks.
You should consider the returns on investment before purchasing the software. Hence, it is essential that you do your research before opting for any sales automation tool.
You can check whether the cost justifies the features of your automation tool. Moreover, you also need to check whether there are any add-ons apart from the plan you’re subscribing to.
These are 7 vital points to consider while choosing the best sales automation software. However, there’s a golden rule you can always use –
The golden rule: Always take the demo or go for trial sign-up. It will help you understand the software practically. This will help you to either change your mind about the software or change your sales process forever.
Here’s a list of the 20 best sales automation software to make your decision easier.
With the right tool and some careful customization, you can streamline your sales process and start seeing accurate results.
These tools are all excellent choices for every team and offer a variety of features to fit your specific needs. But no matter which tool you choose, be sure to tailor it to match your team culture and sales process.
So, go ahead and pick the best outbound automation tool. If you want to check whether Salesmate is the right fit for your company, get a 15-day free trial now!
You may also enjoy these
Salesforce for small businesses: Why it’s an expensive choice?
If you’re in sales, there is no doubt that you need to invest in CRM (Customer Relationship Management)...13 Min read
Tracking sales performance: 5 Reports that you should be tracking already!
From 179 sales leaders interviewed by The Brooks Group for the Sales Leadership Report 2020, only 31% of sales...11 Min read
7 tried and tested popular sales methodologies
Over one trillion dollars ($1,000,000,000) are spent annually on sales forces. There ought to be...15 Min read
Sales volume variance: Definition, formula, and factors influencing
Did you know that 93% of sales professionals cannot forecast their revenue up to 5% even when two weeks are left...15 Min read
What is sales collateral? 9 Kinds that’ll shower you with conversions
Customers want to learn the ins and outs of the product/services, but practically, it is difficult for a...12 Min read
Dhanashree has been into writing since her teens. She believes writing is the best way to express and explain everything happening in this world. Reading and imagining are something she can do for hours. Enthusiastic about exploring new places and food. Young and hopeful of becoming better with every passing day.