The marketing industry is constantly evolving. But some strategies are evergreen.
So is the case with SMS marketing.
Yes, most of the marketing campaigns are carried out via emails and social media platforms. However, when you look into text messaging, it’s still an effective channel for your marketing campaigns.
SMS marketing is emerging as a successful strategy for many businesses, and for all the right reasons!
Before we dive into the nitty-gritty of SMS marketing, let’s first take a glance at some interesting statistics of SMS marketing.
- Interesting SMS marketing statistics and facts
- What is SMS marketing?
- Why you should implement SMS marketing: 4 solid benefits
- How can you leverage text messages in your marketing campaigns?
- SMS marketing automation: What are the best practices?
- Best SMS marketing software to scale your SMS campaigns
Interesting SMS marketing statistics and facts
Some other text message marketing stats and facts:
- Over one-third of the world’s phones are best suited for reach by text.
- 77% of consumers say that they are more likely to trust a company if it’s offering SMS.
- 67% of customers would rather use text messages than calls when receiving appointment reminders or any confirmations.
- 58.7% of consumers respond to their text messages within five minutes.
- The CTR rate for offer messages is higher by 9.18% compared to any other digital channel.
What is SMS marketing?
SMS marketing is a strategy of sending text messages to customers and subscribers for promotional offers and transaction updates.
Such kind of messages usually require immediate actions and provides alerts to the customers that have agreed to receive text messages from your company.
75% of customers are comfortable with receiving marketing SMS. So, if SMS marketing is not in your marketing strategy, I’d highly recommend it.
Why you should implement SMS marketing: 4 solid benefits
SMS marketing has numerous positive factors for businesses of all types. Whether you have B2B or B2C company, text messaging will remain effective no matter what.
Here’s how SMS marketing works for every company:
1. Enhances communication
Companies are able to build strong customer relationships by consistently staying in touch with their customers.
Text messaging is a personal channel of communication between a company and its customers.
Moreover, messages are only sent after obtaining consent, just like it’s done in other marketing channels.
Add another marketing channel to your strategy!
Send texts effortlessly from CRM.Try Salesmate for FREE!
2. Helps connect instantly
Bulk texts allow you to reach a large group of people at the same time, making it highly effective to send across any offer or sale notification.
Most people have cell phones with them all the time, so you can expect faster open rates when it comes to SMS marketing campaigns.
3. Conveys clear message
It’s necessary to put a lot of thought and time into creating content for marketing campaigns.
But SMS marketing makes it easier for you. You have a limit of 160 characters and an opportunity to convey a clear message.
Your text messages are precise, making customers directly aware of the purpose.
4. SMS marketing is economical
Compared to other traditional methods of marketing, SMS campaigns are not so expensive and don’t require much effort.
The cost of executing SMS marketing campaigns is fairly less than other social media campaigns and traditional marketing campaigns you can execute.
How can you leverage text messages in your marketing campaigns?
83% of millennials open SMS within 90 seconds of receiving them. So, the probability of reaching them via text messaging is way higher than any other mode of communication.
Before we understand how to leverage SMS marketing campaigns, let’s take a look at some of the types:
- Marketing campaigns
- Customer feedback
- Transactional messages
- Cart abandonment alerts
Here’s how to do SMS marketing for your business:
- Marketing campaigns: SMS marketing can work wonders for instant sales or discount offers. You can shoot texts before the offer and provide discount coupon code. This practice would directly impact on your overall revenue.
- Customer feedback: One of the most common approaches for SMS marketing is to initiate a small feedback survey to your customer. In fact, text messages have 7.5x higher response rate than email response rate. Therefore, if you want to get feedback from existing customers, SMS marketing campaign is statistically a better choice.
- Transactional messages: Whenever any online transactions take place, customers need to know whether they were successful or not. Sending text messages for declined or completed transaction will gain credibility from your users.
- Cart abandonment alerts: It’s always difficult to retain someone’s attention. Your prospect could be browsing through your website, adding products on their cart, and in between, they receive a call. They’ll leave the website and focus on their call, resulting in cart abandonment. Here, you can use SMS to send immediate texts for cart abandonment text to re-capture your prospect’s attention.
Apart from these, you can also use SMS marketing campaigns for use cases like a product launch, sharing content and resources, automated responses, etc.
Build credibility among customers!
Send important updates through texts.Try Salesmate for FREE!
SMS marketing automation: What are the best practices?
Yes, SMS marketing is effective, but if you want to take it to the next level, you can implement marketing automation in your campaign.
What is SMS marketing automation?
SMS marketing automation is an engine that helps you respond to customers faster with personalization and bring more business. It is super easy to execute, and cost-effective. So all kinds of businesses can include it in their marketing budget.
Let’s check out some best SMS marketing practices that’ll take your marketing efforts to the next level.
1. Personalize your text messages
Personalization is the key to capturing the attention of your prospects/clients.
If you send a text with just “hello,” most audiences would ignore it assuming that it’s spam or irrelevant.
However, when they receive a message with their name in the opening line, it will grab their attention and they’re more likely to read your text.
All your customer contact information is in CRM. So, executing SMS marketing from your CRM is the most sensible choice.
You can send personalized text messages to your customers directly from Salesmate CRM, saving you the hassle of switching between multiple platforms.
2. Share promotional offers with bulk messaging
Whenever you’re running any promotional offer or discount on your website, you can create a promotional text message.
By using automation, you can send your text to a segmented audience right from your SMS marketing software.
Bulk marketing SMS works best when there’s a limited-time offer or when you want to share a special discount coupon code with your customers.
3. Schedule marketing SMS to connect at the right time
Your prospects won’t be checking their text messaging all the time. In this case, you can experiment with different time slots and find out which one gains more traction.
Based on that, you can automate your text sequences via SMS marketing software to take follow-ups or reminders.
4. Craft appealing & reusable templates
Your prospect must be receiving tons of text messages in a day, so how do you make yours stand out?
You need to get creative and craft various templates based on different events and occurrences.
For example, a discount offer should have a separate text template and a feedback text message should appear different.
With Salesmate’s text messaging CRM, you can create various types of text messaging templates and reuse them.
5. Analyze your SMS marketing campaign
You won’t know whether your campaign was successful if you don’t analyze the performance.
Executing an SMS marketing campaign is crucial, but so is analyzing the results.
With Salesmate’s text messaging feature, you can easily analyze your SMS marketing campaigns with insightful reports. This way, you can optimize your marketing strategies and increase your response rate.
Best SMS marketing software to scale your SMS campaigns
Here are some of the top SMS marketing software and tools that you can use to level-up your SMS marketing game.
- EZ Texting
For a detailed comparison of features, take a look at our listicle on the best SMS marketing software and tools.
SMS marketing has remained prevalent over the decades, and for all the right reasons!
It’s a quick communication mode that can work really well for marketing campaigns, and even better when you automate your SMS marketing process.
I’d highly recommend that you adopt an SMS marketing software like a CRM inclusive of all features. It will save you a lot of cost and you really don’t have to struggle with multiple apps. Salesmate is a perfect tool for this scenario.
It’s easy to use, affordable, and can help you automate your marketing campaigns. You can take a 15-days free trial and see for yourself!