Amidst all the different modes used for marketing communication, SMS marketing is still considered one of the best mediums.
The average click-through rate on SMS marketing is about 80% and what’s more interesting is that it has a whopping opening rate of 98%.
Undoubtedly, SMS marketing is an evergreen medium of communication. Customers prefer to interact with those companies which constantly keep in touch with them.
And your business definitely needs software for SMS marketing in order to scale your marketing efforts and close more leads.
Before we explore the best 9 SMS marketing software and their features, let’s take a quick look at what an SMS marketing tool really is and how it helps your businesses in marketing.
What is SMS marketing software?
SMS or text messaging software help businesses send informational or promotional messages in bulk.
Business text messaging tools can help you design and automate bulk SMS outreach campaigns to achieve various marketing goals like brand recognition, promotions, sales, and much more.
SMS marketing software provides you with a combination of features that you can use to send flash sale notifications, abandoned cart reminders, onboarding messages, and much more.
An ideal SMS marketing platform would allow you to send messages as automated campaigns based on your desired actions, triggers, and conditions.
So, if you want to take your marketing to the next level, you must start using SMS marketing right away to gain an edge over your competitors. Recent data says that about 61% of marketers still don’t use SMS marketing, which could be your chance.
Now, let us quickly jump to the best software that are available out there for SMS marketing.
9 Best SMS marketing software in the market right now
Based on the features, pricing, unique propositions, and reviews, here are the top recommendations from our side.
Omnisend is one of the finest SMS marketing software available right now.
Omnisend allows you to send SMS to users and create a personalized and continuous experience by building in a combination of automated texts and emails.
It comes in with a library that has already created workflows for all major events like SMS for cart abandonment, birthdays, etc. There is no limit on the use case, and you could engage with your loyal customers in any part of the world.
The tool saves your time and helps you increase engagement to improve retention.
- The prebuilt automation helps you in streamlining the marketing process
- Marketing automation will help you in building SMS campaigns
- Use integrated web forms to build a contact base seamlessly
The pricing of the product depends upon the number of messages you send and the plans begin from $16/month.
Salesmate is a CRM and customer journey platform that can automate tasks for your sales, marketing, and customer service teams.
Salesmate also offers built-in calling and CRM with text messaging. That means, you can send personalized bulk SMS to your prospects and customers right from your CRM.
Moreover, Salesmate’s journey-based marketing automation feature lets you create a fine combination of SMS and email in your mega plan.
- Create unlimited contacts and enrich profiles for sales and marketing campaigns
- Send bulk SMS with personalization
- Text sequencing feature to schedule your messages
- Send personalized text messages to make your clients feel special and create trust
- With the chat history feature, you’ll have clear and contextual messages with prospects
- Text template library available in all pricing plans
- Combine SMS and email marketing using Sequences and Automation Journeys
- Monitor your performance through powerful insights using the text report feature
- Mobile phone applications for iOS & Android to send and receive text messages
- Single tool for sales, marketing, and service team and manage only one tool for your organizational data
Salesmate is highly affordable, and the Starter plan starts from $12.
SlickText is one of the most popular SMS marketing platforms and comes with rich features that allow you to use the software to send multiple forms of messages. With this tool, you can also send quick messages to the customers.
It offers you a wide variety of options to connect with the customer. SlickText is suitable for restaurants, schools, churches, eCommerce business, and many other industries.
- Two-way text messaging system
- Allows series-based text messages, making promotional campaigns easy to execute
- Integrate your eCommerce and email platforms with SlickText
- Create web opt-in forms and links
- QR code opt-In facility
The Basic plan starts at $29 and allows 500 text messages per month.
Trumpia is multifaceted marketing software offering SMS and voice messaging features. The tool is best for systemizing all the processes in a singular platform. The tool also offers an automated workflow builder where you can create custom workflows or use the existing templates.
It comes with multiple features, right from automation to functioning mobile solutions and so much more.
- With the automation feature, you can streamline the process
- Workflow automation for the custom flow of messaging
- Can integrate with other tools via Zapier
The pricing structure is quite confusing, but The Core plan starts at $76/month with 3000 text messages.
The tool Sakari is a cloud-based SMS marketing service that covers your entire text messaging needs in one place. You can reach over 200 countries with Sakari.
It is a business text message service that allows businesses to send reminders, alerts, confirmations, and marketing campaigns.
- The two-way texting for lead qualification and customer engagement
- Send multimedia messages with GIFS, audio, and videos
- Design text marketing campaigns and schedule SMS at your desired time in bulk
- Integrates with CRM and VoIP systems
The Starter plan for the United States starts at $16 /month, which lets you send 500 SMS per month.
TextMagic is an easy-to-use SMS marketing platform that allows you to send alerts, notifications, and confirmations. You can send multiple messages with the mass text messaging software to your customers, staff, and suppliers.
Moreover, TextMagic has a unique Email to SMS feature where you can send email as a text message to your customers.
You can also integrate SMS gateway API into your existing application.
Needless to say, TextMagic is among the top sms marketing software and suitable for marketing agencies, SaaS businesses, and SMBs.
- Buy toll free numbers and start receiving text messages
- Schedule SMS at your desired time
- Send personalized messages in bulk with Mail Merge SMS
The pricing is purely based on how many SMS you send. As per the pricing calculator by TextMagic, it costs $40 to send 1000 SMS to the US.
7. EZ Texting
EZ Texting is a widely used SMS platform for scaling up businesses via text message marketing. You can easily manage your contacts in EZ Texting for personalization and other automation use cases.
This tool comes with a template editor and design tools where you can create image-based texts and send them with personalization. EZ Texting has a partnership with Shutterstock, so you can find high-quality images for your text campaigns. But this is only available in higher plans.
Just like many other SMS marketing tools in this list, EZ Texting offers automation and text scheduling facilities.
It’s an easy-to-use platform that offers a resource center and video guides on best practices with multiple materials available out there to use for text messages.
- With the keywords for opt-ins, you secure more lead generation
- The one-on-one communication feature allows personalized communication
- Has native and Zapier integration facilities
- Web forms and drip campaign facilities in higher plans
All plans come with 200 credits per month. That means you can send 200 SMS per month in any plan. The basic plan starts at $24/month/user.
ClickSend is a marketing platform that lets you send SMS, MMS, rich content, and online posts!
Through their SMS service provider, tasks such as customer support and event management could be easily carried out.
It provides API support and allows integration with third-party apps. Their services are robust, and you could easily manage your marketing needs.
- The tool provides you with a global getaway; you can send messages to any part of the world
- The tool allows you to merge your email templates into messages
- With lightning-fast delivery, there is the ease of quick delivery of messages
The pricing for the tool comes in various packages and would depend on the number of messages you send.
Last but not least is Podium, an all-in-one messaging platform for your business. It is a combination of live chat, video chat, and text messages, where you can manage all your communication in one place.
Podium is also useful in taking surveys, collecting payments, and managing a common inbox. This tool can be a great addition to your marketing strategy.
- The contact management features allow ease of managing the contacts
- It sophisticates internal communication through the Team Chat feature
- With automated workflows and readily available templates, you can easily send messages
The Essential plan starts at $189/month.
Make the right call!
Every SMS marketing software in this list is either too costly for just SMS features or comes with limitations.
I’d highly recommend you choose a system that houses much more than SMS marketing services. No doubt, text facilities are crucial to your business, but you’re adding another tool to your suite, which is always painful to manage. With Salesmate, you can really solve this issue.
Salesmate is an intuitive CRM and Customer Journey tool, which can streamline your sales, marketing, and customer service processes. Automation functionalities like Sequences, Workflows, and Marketing Automation are game-changers.
And the good thing is, you can take a 15-days free trial and experience all the features! If you find Salesmate suitable, then the pricing starts at just $12/month, which is far more affordable than almost all the tools mentioned in this list.