As per a recent survey done by Vantage Point Performance and The Sales Education Foundation, global sales leaders consider over 300 metric keys that aids them in effective sales activity management. The strange fact is that about 83% of these metrics are unmanageable. Remaining 17% metrics are crucial for sales activity management as per the survey. What are these manageable sales activities?
With proper planning and appropriate execution, these sales activities can yield critical and desired business results.
With the help of sales activity management system, managers can keep their team motivated and manage the sales goals, effectively increasing the sales team’s efficiency; hence leading to revenue generation.
A recent study conducted by HubSpot and Vantage Point have disclosed some crucial facts regarding an organization’s revenue generation structure. The study points out that:
The facts compiled by the two studies back the decision of having a sales activity management system in place for the sales teams to see their monthly targets as achievable goal.
’’Share the key selling techniques and strategies, while setting key activities of your sales team’’
Lay down a deal winning moment, note down the selling roles and fit them in the sales proposal; mapping it down.
After you have mapped out your sales team structure define the key activity for each role.
Have meeting with your sales team and get their perspective on the ’’key’’ activities. To get detailed insights ask your top performer regarding his daily activities that help him in achieving his goals.
Use all this information and develop a series of activities that help in your sales process.
Analyze the best practices and educate your team regarding the same so that they become more confident and have a clear understanding of how they are supposed to achieve their sales goals.
Provide a personal scorecard to individual representatives, so they can keep track of their own metrics. This step will help them in making informed decisions about how they spend their time cracking the deals.
Monitor the activity metrics proactively and review them in the weekly meetings.
Sales activity management system helps a lot in this scenario with features such as pacing calculations, alerts for sales leaders and automated tracking. This data is used for determining the areas where the deals get delayed; hence making it easy to take swift actions and enhance your overall sales process.
These were just a few examples of the companies that benefited from Sales Management Activity. Research and stats were provided by Level Eleven in this article about sales activity management.
Sales activities are manageable metrics and hence can be used to manage your sales team process. As the time advances, we hope that more businesses will adopt and implement this sales activity management technology. Salesmate offers a great sales activity tracker that aid your sales team and make them a controlled and focused unit by utilizing all the available resources.
Read Similar Article: