Businesses must be aware how their email outreach is working on the current contact database. For that, an email tracking guide is a must-have!
As an entrepreneur, when you start a business, the ultimate goal is to make it a profitable venture.
When the era of email arrived, it was a simple task of entering the email address, compose your email and drop it in the sender’s digital mailbox.
But back then, you just “sent” email to the recipient.
- You were not sure if the email got delivered.
- Did the recipient open it?
- Was there any interaction between the recipient and your email content!
- Did your email land in the spam folder?
There were no sales email tracking guidelines.
Today, we have email tracking software.
Such smart email tracking software provides small business owner with intuitive and detailed insights.
They get to know how the outbound emails perform with recipients.
These smart and intelligent email tracking tools allow businesses to gather information about
- email open rate
- success of the sales email templates
- number of link clicks
In this article, we will be covering the base of email tracking.
What are the tools, what they do for business owners and provide a solution to the common issues they face.
What is email tracking?
In business point of view, email tracking refers to the process of monitoring email delivery time and status.
Email tracking is done to check whether a recipient has opened an email or not.
Speaking in a more business sense.
Email tracking helps business owners develop and maintain relationships with their customer base.
And this is where an email tracking guide comes in handy for small business owners.
You don’t want to end up losing those crucial prospects and customers, just because you overlooked sales email.
Do you want to get on with the guidelines?
Tracking your sales email?
Tracking sales emails is not a rocket science although it may seem so to a layman.
Here are a few simple steps to set up email tracking for your sales campaign.
1. Check in with email tracking tool/software
There are independent email tracking tools in the market.
You will be happy to know that the latest CRM system.
These smart sales tools have built-in sales email tracking feature.
This feature allows you to maintain a healthy relationship with your customers and prospects, simultaneously.
It helps you see at these data:
- Whether email reached to the recipient inbox.
- Notification regarding email open and click on links
- Real-time updates on the number of times email were opened, and from the which device
2. Compose the email
With smart CRM tools, business owners can easily compose emails based on the profile information of the contact.
Many tools give you the freedom of adding valuable context to your email content for making them
You can also insert different call to actions inside your email signatures based on the consumer profile information.
Read more about professional email signatures for your sales emails.
3. Check “Track email”
As previously mentioned, the market has an abundance of email tracking tools and they all work a bit differently than each other.
You can use Salesmate email tracking tool for tracking how your recipients are interacting with your email.
4. Get notified
When your email recipients open your email, the system notifies you about the same. You can use this real-time information for
- Staying on top crucial sales campaign-related emails,
- sending out cold emails to prospects,
- improving your email efficiency and productivity.
That’s it, just four simple steps and you have the power of email metrics.
If you are using Chrome browser for Gmail, Salesmate CRM comes up with Chrome Extension for seamless tracking.
Here’s what you can do:
- Sign up for Salesmate CRM,
- Add the Chrome extension,
- Send out an email.
- Salesmate will now track this email, and when the recipient opens it, you will get notified for the same.
Here’s more on how Salesmate Chrome extension works.
Get your emails organized with Salesmate
Manage and track your sales emails in your CRMTry Free For 15 Days
The benefit of tracking email
Before going ahead, let’s do a simple Q&A
- Is your outbound sales email campaign getting enough prospect response?
- If your answer is yes, then have you planned your next move?
- How they should do successful sales email prospecting?
- Is it alright to push one more email to the prospect or having a conversation over the call will make a better impact?
With email tracking metrics, small business owners can
1. Touch base with prospects after receiving “Open email” notification
Follow up within a few minutes after your prospects open your sales or marketing email.
It makes a better impact on them, as the information you shared over the email is fresh in their mind.
2. Stay put and be content that recipients open:
Many business owners just track the prospect psyche and email open rates.
It helps them judge which email template is performing the best and which is not.
This is a good tactic as you gather enough data that helps decide the type of email content on-the-go.
3. Contact the prospect contextually:
Many businesses use these metrics to determine when they can follow-up with the prospects.
Maybe they opened the “About Us” document you had shared.
You can make a call to them just to discuss your company and its products.
Take the conversation further based on your first interaction.
How does email tracking help small business owners?
Being a business owner, you will ask yourself,
“yes, it seems a fancy feature to invest on but what are the actual benefits I get after using this feature”?
We are listing down the advantages for you:
1. Saves your Time
When you get notified that the recipient opened your email, they have read about you and it is the correct time to make the next move.
It isn’t interruptive as you contact them while they are processing your email content.
They will surely appreciate it as it will save both of your time.
Keep reading for specific examples to demonstrate the power of tracking emails in action.
2. Provides contextual content
Email tracking offers valuable insight of email interactions with
- customers, or
Business owners can successfully use this insight for strengthening their outreach.
You are notified the recipients opened and clicked on your email multiple times in a day or a week.
It proves that what you sent out is being read continuously; it is the right time to strike a conversation over the phone?
Get more on how to get real-time reports on Email Open & Click Tracking with Salesmate.
Use Salesmate as sales email tracking software
Understanding the customer psyche is essential for the success of your outbound sales email campaigns.
A lot of time and resources get saved.
Struggling to strike a good email conversation with your prospects and need email tracking tool.
You must try a CRM for small business that helps you with intuitive email tracking reports, .
With this smart sales CRM, you can
- easily track your email activities
- get insightful behavior reports
- automate various email marketing campaign tasks
Do you want to know more how this tool will help you?
Start the free trial and feel the difference.
No credit card required
You may also enjoy these
In today's digital age, the business landscape has completely changed. And it has also affected the way we connect...25 Min read
Make sales sexy again 😉
- Save at least 50% on subscriptions and integrations.
- Save 30% more time for your sales team.
- Choose a CRM trusted by 5000+ businesses.