Think Live Chat is only for large corporate companies?
It’s not something that a small business even needs to worry about, is it?
Think again, did you know that people are 29% more likely to purchase if the company offers Live Chat, whether they use it or not?
Think about it for a second.
If you go online to a site and are considering buying something, what is more appealing off the following?
- Being able to query something live on the site.
- Having to call in.
- Having to complete a contact form.
For most people, having to call in is a pain.
It means looking up the number, dialing it and then waiting for someone to answer the call.
Contacting a company through an email form is a bit easier, but it does mean that you have to wait for a response.
It is quick and easy to get the answers that you need without leaving your screen.
Save on Costs
It’s great for customer service, but what about the cost to your business?
Here’s something that might surprise you ’ live chat is actually a lot less expensive to run than a traditional call center.
Chats could be handled by humans or even by chatbots to save on fees.
All you really need is to choose and purchase the right live chat software.
This is a measly expense compared to your customer service phone bill.
Boost Your Sales
And the return on investment is also pretty impressive. Adding a live chat widget to its product comparison pages helped Intuit increase its sales by 211%.
Having access to live chat makes people feel that help is at hand if they need it.
They expect everything to go smoothly, but if there is some sort of snag, they know they have the option to get help quickly.
Giving your clients more ways to engage with your company is always a good thing.
If you can answer their questions quickly and easily, you build trust and improve their client experience.
This, in turn, helps to create brand loyal clients who are more likely to become repeat customers and possibly even brand ambassadors.
Reasons to embrace Live chat
Customer support is becoming a necessity for businesses in the world of online shopping.
This article is going to shed some light on the usage of live chat integration with your website for providing seamless customer support.
Let’s discuss the highlights of the web stores that decided to add a live chat.
- 29% of consumers are more likely to make purchases from web stores that have live chat integration.
- 48% of customers will return to the website to make another purchase
- 41% of the online shoppers trust the brands on these web stores
- 51% of customers prefer live chat as it enables multitasking during the waiting time
- 21% of customers claimed that chat helps them shop while on work
Characteristics of live chat
- 53% of online shoppers in the USA abandon a purchase if the support is not quick
- 79% of customers say they prefer live chat because it is quick
- 60 seconds is the average time customers wait for support
- Average time spent on chat session by operators is 6-12 mins
- Live chat average response time is 23 seconds
Easy on the budget and productivity
- Live chat is 400% less expensive than support
- Average chat support agents can do the work of 15 email support employees
- 43% of businesses claimed that adding chat support reduced the phone call volume
- Customers who chat prior to making a purchase make a 10% increase in their order value
- 48% increase in revenue per chat hour in customers who chat before purchasing bring
- 40% higher conversion rate of customers who chat before purchasing
- ROI from the chat is around 300%
Customers love it
- 44% online shoppers consider it as a must-have feature for an e-commerce website
- Only 54% of retailers provide live chat
- 3% of US adults abandon an online purchase if quick char support is not provided
What’s in it for you?
We hope this infographic allowed you to gauge the behavior of an average website visitor and their view toward the integration.
Real-time customer support over the website, mobile device and various other platforms enable trust.
So, get it integrated with your webstore and capitalize on the revenue stream it will pull.
Boost your sales with Salesmate CRM
If you are looking for an easy to use and intuitive CRM for your growing business, try Salesmate.
Salesmate CRM is designed to help small and mid-sized businesses to increase their sales and overall business revenue.
An all in one sales CRM helps sales reps be more productive and close more business in less time.
Learn Cold Email Techniques that will Grow Your Business!
We built two consulting agency businesses from scratch using these techniques.