Businesses are heavily using marketing tactics for garnering the maximum attention from prospects and customers. In this race, there are various tools that they use to stay connected with the crowd. One such marketing channel is the evergreen E-mail.
Around 269 billion emails were exchanged between businesses and customers in the year 2017 worldwide.
Outbound emails are the most desired weapon of choice when a company wants to spread its wings and gather some attention. For a penultimate growth in the market full of competitors, businesses must show the urgency of staying at the top of their customers’ mind.
For businesses across the globe, Emails are useful in
- acquiring customers,
- increasing your sales, and
- establishing key partnerships.
Here a few practical tips that can help in increasing your email response rate.
1. Improving your email subject line
- Businesses give too much importance to the content of their message and the call to actions and overlook the subject lines.
- There is a simple reason that you might have overlooked; improving your email subject line.
- Your subject line must be compelling if you want the recipients to open your emails.
Some quick ways of improving your subject lines:
Personalize subject lines
Write a subject line that doesn’t feel like it was sent from some salesperson; your subject line must connect with the recipients.
A punchy line
This has been the single most effective change in increased open rates. Try to pick short, punchy words and keep it down to about 50 characters.
Keep it short
Anything longer than six words results in the decline of the response rate.
Personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened – Campaign Monitor
2. Tweaking body of your email content
- Having a neat and engaging subject line encourages your recipients to read your content.
- Straightforward language helps them understand the message you want to portray in the email.
- Helps receivers understand what you are, what are your offerings and how can your offerings help them in their daily activity.
Some quick ways of improving your content:
Writing a personalized email content
- Personalizing your email content is critical to the response rate.
- If the reader gets the feeling that the message was not just copied and pasted and genuinely is targeted to individual recipients, it will work wonders for you.
- Make your readers feel special when they read your email content.
74% of marketers who used personalization strongly agreed that it improved customer engagement – Econsultancy
Email personalization can:
- make an email stand out within the inbox as highly relevant,
- increase the likelihood of an email being opened and clicked on
- strengthen customer experiences by sending the right content to the right people at the right time
The above statistics indicate that there is much room to move ahead of the competition utilizing email personalization in your marketing campaigns.
Properly introducing yourself
Instead of asking a question to the recipients, take the same opportunity for properly introducing your company.
Keeping it short
- You only get a few seconds to attract your recipient.
- Use fewer words and get your point across quickly before another email, from a competitor does that.
Using a simple language
- Be straightforward about your offerings.
- Don’t talk too much about yourself or else your recipient will either skip your emails or will direct all your future emails to the digital trash.
- Avoid jargon as much as possible, it bores the reader and is good at deflecting their attention away from your email.
- Always explain how they benefit from your solution and how it successfully deals with their pain points.
Creating a perfect FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
- Draft your email body content in such a manner that it creates a sense of exclusiveness around your offering.
- Something intriguing always increases the curiosity of the customer and pushes them towards purchasing to try out your offerings.
- Instead of making statements such as “We are the best in business…”, include facts and relevant data to show why the term actions speak volumes stands true!
- Building credibility with your recipient is necessary when you draft the body of your email.
- Try including charts, graph, and numbers to back your claims so that the recipients don’t feel you are making shallow claims.
Having clear Call to Action (CTA)
Having a clear CTA at the end of your email content creates a sense of professionalism and clients appreciate the creativity with which businesses create their CTAs.
- The CTA might be for requesting a quick phone call or demo.
- It can be for booking your calendar for a meeting or inviting them to see your product or service video.
Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue. – DMA
3. Improving your email format
The essence of increasing the outbound email response rate lies in the fact that you need to make them look professional and hand-crafted by a real person.
Some quick ways of improving your email format:
Remove most formatting
- Keep it simple and less jazzy; avoid using special fonts or colors.
- Don’t include ‘bold, italics, or underlining” in your email format unless required.
- Bullets and numbered lists wonderful ways for organizing your email content so use them.
Add your professional signature
- Include your name, title, email, phone number, company name, company website and company logo.
- Add a professional photo of yourself to boost your email response rate and make sure the file size is small.
- Think the way a prospect will think and react to a marketing mail.
- Create subtle yet effective professional email signature based on your psychosis of the prospect.
- Make sure you run your email templates by your sales and customer success teams as they will understand a prospects pain points best.
We hope that with these modifications, your email response rate will start increasing. Keep on experimenting with them using different messages. Modify your formatting to locate that sweet spot for your recipients.
Improvement with time and templates is a necessary means by which you can keep your sales and marketing outreach alive. For successful open and response rates, you need to stay continuously updated with various statistics related to your email campaigns.
Salesmate CRM smart email tracking allows you to track your email campaigns from anywhere and from any device, all you need is a stable internet connection for using this intuitive cloud CRM.
Salesmate tracks your results in real time and creates a visualized report so that you do not have to crunch the number and prepare the chart on your own; we know excel sheets are bulky and boring! If you are looking to be more efficient in tracking your outbound emails and increase the email response rate, get in touch with our team and we will gladly help you out.
Cold Email Templates That Exploded Our Revenue by 273%!
We built two consulting agency businesses from scratch using these techniques. Download now!