The process of email marketing continues to evolve as new trends emerge. And the most crucial part of any email is its subject line. That one line is a deciding factor on whether your subscriber will open the email or not.
In fact, 35% of email recipients open their email based solely on the subject line.
Therefore, it’s crucial to create a subject line that will help you improve your open rates. In this article, you’ll find some great email subject line examples for every situation, from sales to marketing and customer support! So, stay tuned and keep on reading!
- Top-performing email subject lines by Salesmate with a high open rate
- Keywords to use in your email subject lines
Top-performing email subject lines by Salesmate with a high open rate
At Salesmate, we prefer to stay connected with each of our email subscribers. Hence, for every offer and product update, our subscribers receive newsletter emails in their inboxes. The below image represents the open rate of emails sent by Salesmate compared to the average industry open rate.
You must be wondering, what are the email subject lines that actually create an impact? Well, we’re starting our email subject line list with Salesmate’s example.
Here are the top 3 email subject lines that have received a high open rate compared to the industry average open rate.
- 🚀 Product Update – Announcing Brand New Import and Integrations 🎉 – 45.24% open rate.
- Build Forms Without Any Technical Expertise 🚀 – 43.78% open rate.
- 📢 Announcement – Salesmate October Release Summary – 46.37% open rate.
So, if you’re about to send any product update newsletter, you can refer to the above-mentioned subject lines!
1. Promotional email subject lines
When you’re executing email marketing campaigns, promotional emails are the ones that you’ll need to work on. And this list is going to help you create engaging subject lines for your promotional email marketing campaigns.
- 50% off on your Wishlist products!
- Saving money while shopping made possible.
- Now’s the right time to get shopping.
- Your next purchase is on us!
- Anniversary celebration – up to 70% off!
- Working on low budget? We’ve got you covered!
- Off to work? Shop now and dress sharp!
- We’ve selected the best headphones for you.
- Don’t get off your couch – free movie subscription.
- We can’t keep calm because the summer sale is here!
Don't Know How Your Subject Lines Are Performing?
Check how Salesmate's advance email analytics can help you track your email campaigns.Start My Trial Now
2. Hyper-personal email subject lines
When anyone is receiving an email with their name in the subject line, they’ll be intrigued to open it and find out what it’s about. Hence, it has become crucial to send hyper-personal emails to subscribers.
Below I’ve shared some examples of how you can send personal emails based on your subscribers’ preferences.
- Rachel, get a customized fitness plan at a 10% discount!
- Zen, your search for sports footwear ends here!
- We have handpicked these outfits for you, Carrie.
- Mike, here’s your free yoga subscription.
- You can’t miss out on this sale, Sarah!
- Here’s a customized hamper for you, Molly!
3. Witty & funny email subject lines
One of the best ways to engage with your audience is by sending something witty and eye-catching. Here are the best witty email subject lines that you can use when using informal emails to your subscribers:
- Peek-a-boo just got real! Find out how
- We know it’s Halloween, but don’t ghost us!
- Sunny side up! (Not breakfast, but outfits)
- When in doubt, eat out!
- This March, let’s march away.
- Less productivity? It’s not you, it’s lack of CRM!
4. Sales email subject lines
When you’re in sales, every email counts, especially when you’re trying to attract more customers. So, let’s take a look at some compelling sales email subject lines.
- This email is regarding the sales webinar….
- Here’s a great idea for making successful cold calls!
- Want to achieve your monthly targets?
- Invitation for our next product launch.
- I enjoyed reading the blog you wrote on marketing…
- Congratulations on getting promoted!
- Here’s what I think about the fragmented sales pipeline.
- Do you want to increase sales productivity 10x?
- John referred to your email in regards to…
These are the top sales email subject lines used by companies. And, if you want to perfect your entire sales email, then you can refer to this blog for the best sales email templates.
5. Time-sensitive email subject lines
Whenever you add a deadline to anything, the demand for that becomes much higher! Whether it’s about providing a discount on your CRM subscription or getting more signups for your marketing event, you can rely on these subject lines.
- Act fast and grab 20% off on our fast-selling products!
- TikTok! Time’s running out, grab our BOGO offer now.
- Subscribe to our sales CRM now and get 25% cashback.
- Final hours! Take action or miss out on 80% discount.
- Take the free trial! Offer is valid only till tomorrow.
- Grab the discounts while our stock lasts!
6. Follow up email subject lines
When you’re in constant contact with your prospects, you might not get a reply from everyone. And this is where follow-up emails come into the picture.
Your prospect might have missed out on your last email, or they may have forgotten to reply after reading it. In these cases, follow-up emails are a must.
By writing a compelling gentle reminder email subject line, you can capture the attention of your prospects and increase the chances of converting them into customers.
Below are some of the top follow up email subject lines:
- Jay, did you forget about my offer?
- I hope I’ve caught you at the right time.
- Here’s a recap of our last discussion.
- I look forward to your feedback.
- Would this counteroffer work for you?
- Here’s some more information about our product…
- Did you get a chance to look into my offer?
- Do you still want to receive the latest updates?
- Quick follow-up regarding our last call.
7. Thank you email subject lines
Despite having a busy work life, you need to take some time out and write a thank you email for your important prospects.
And here’s how you can write thank you email subject lines that would help you build strong relationships with your prospects and existing clients.
- We’re thankful for your contribution!
- Your feedback was very helpful, thank you!
- Thank you for signing up, Salesmate welcomes you!
- Our team shares their gratitude for sticking with us.
- We’ve received your survey answers, thanks for participating!
- Thank you for taking out the time to discuss new opportunities.
8. Cart abandonment email subject lines
If you’re an e-commerce company, then you must have faced the problem of cart abandonment. This happens because your visitor might have gotten distracted by some other task or simply forgotten about it.
At this point, you can send cart abandonment emails and remind your visitors to complete the purchase. Here are the most effective cart abandonment email subject lines.
- Don’t go just yet! Complete your purchase.
- We found something valuable in your shopping cart.
- Come back, your cart is waiting for you!
- 10% off on your wishlist, just for today.
- Your shopping cart misses you!
- Hurry up! We’ve saved these products for you.
- We want you back!
- Your favorite item is almost sold out!
Keywords to use in your email subject lines
The subject line is where you can experiment and get creative. However, it’s also important to use specific keywords that would help you increase your open rates.
Below we have listed some of the best performing keywords that were included in the subject lines.
- Order today
- And many more…
The below image shows how important it is to include certain keywords in your email subject line as it directly affects the open rate.
I hope that you found these catchy email subject lines examples useful and incorporate them into your next marketing email. Moreover, you also need to timely track your email performance to see whether your current strategy is effective or not.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started and start sending emails that catch the attention of your readers.
You may also enjoy these
Cold email marketing software with features like personalization, automation, and analytics simplifies your work...31 Min read
As per a CMI report, 71% of manufacturing marketers stated that content marketing has become more integral to...20 Min read
Make sales sexy again 😉
- Save at least 50% on subscriptions and integrations.
- Save 30% more time for your sales team.
- Choose a CRM trusted by 5000+ businesses.